Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust

I have such a great respect for Ry Cooder both as a man and as a musician. I've been a fan for 30+ years, and he's never been commercial, never shallow in all that time. He's considered by serious musicians and critics to be one of the best guitarists in the world. He's always made the music he wanted to and has helped many other musicians the globe over. He's never sought fame. Aside from being a highly accomplished musician, he also has a highly developed social conscience.

I've bought his latest CD, Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down, and I'm not so good at this audio editing business, and blogger won't upload wav files, so I had to try to get them into video format, which is why they are embedded with pictures. But I would have added pics anyway. So here's a few snippets from the album.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!