Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rudy Stepped in It This Time

Even if it had been true, it was a stupid thing to say, especially considering the fact that the rescue workers in NYC have a campaign to block Rudy's bid for president.

"This is not a mayor or a governor or a president who's sitting in an ivory tower," he said. "I was at ground zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers. I was there working with them. I was there guiding things. I was there bringing people there. But I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them."

  TPM CafĂ©

Personally, I don't think setting yourself up as the hero of 9/11 works well when you pit yourself against the actual men and women who did the rescue work.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


Update: Rudy recognizes his mistake.

"You know, what I was saying was, 'I'm there with you.'"

[...]

"I think I could have said it better," he told nationally syndicated radio host Mike Gallagher.

  Guardian

Well, Rude, you probably couldn't have said it worse....but hey....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!