Friday, June 11, 2004

Why did the chicken cross the road, Part II

Bob has created some additions to the chicken joke that comes out of the Iraq conflict:

Donald Rumsfeld: There are known chickens and unknown chickens. Did the chicken intend to cross the road? Heavens, yes! Was it her intention to cross it in the manner that she did cross it? Perhaps not.

Scott McLellan: As I said before, what the president said earlier about the chicken incident is still operative. If I receive further information I will of course be glad to share it with you.

John Ashcroft: The chicken was possessed by Satan and deserved everything that happened to him. National security prohibits me from saying more.

Condoleezza Rice: No one could have possibly forseen that that chicken would try to cross that road to get to that side.

John Kerry: While I cannot say that I do not fully support the president's actions in the chicken-road incident, it is certainly not my intention to state that, in conjunction with our long-time friends and allies, I would not have done it better.

Dick Cheney: The press is using the chicken incident to divert attention from the fact that Saddam had nuclear weapons and was going to use them on us.

Colin Powell: These satellite photos conclusively show that there was, indeed, a road there. That the chicken had the intention of crossing this road is made clear from this recording made the night before in the chicken coop...


YWA: Well, chicken, I sincerely doubt you're going to be any better off on the other side of the road, but go ahead and cross....you will anyway.