Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Sunday

And Sarah Palin's "coming south to hunt some skunk."

There's some fancy dubbing going on here. At first, I thought this guy was really singing this, then I heard his speaking voice at the end. Then I heard his "harmonizing" when I listened again. I guess the first time around I was just too entertained by the tune, the lyrics and the duo. (I'm guessing that's a church this couple is in.)

I'm also guessing the songwriter didn't realize that "when she gets to Washington, it'll be cold as Hell" is a negative thing. A cold day in Hell when Sarah gets to Washington? I always thought "a cold day in Hell" means the thing would never happen.

Or, in Rimmerese: And on THAT day, Lister, Satan will be skating to work.


P.S. I also like that she "has the wisdom to go through an open door." Because it would be awfully stupid, and perhaps even dangerous, to go through a closed one.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.


Or is he saying "walk through no open door?" In which case, I'd question her wisdom at least a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!