Sunday, January 23, 2011

And By 'Negotiate,' We Mean Give Us Everything

"Desperate" Palestinian negotiators offered Israel almost all of Jerusalem as part of a peace deal, only to see the offer rejected as inadequate, leaked official Palestinian documents show.

[...]

[The offer would have had] all of East Jerusalem, except one neighborhood -- Har Homa -- handed over permanently to Israel as part of a peace deal.

Raw Story

I sometimes get the feeling that Israel doesn’t want peace. I guess I’m just anti-semitic.

Palestinian negotiator Ahmed Qureia made the offer to Israeli negotiators in June of 2008, at a meeting attended by then Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and then Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni.

Tzipi Pinhead. (Does that date me or just say something about my past lifestyle?)

Israeli negotiator Tzipi Livni is recorded as dismissing the offer out of hand because the Palestinians had refused to concede Har Homa, as well as the settlements at Ma'ale Adumim, near Jerusalem, and Ariel, deeper in the West Bank. Israel's position was fully supported by the Bush administration.

Well, that's a surprise.

Of course, this can’t be a good thing for the Palestinian government to have its citizens know they were willing to give away so much. We shall see.

Actually, I never read Zippy, but I did read Freak Brothers. (Well, that explains things. There. I said it for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!