Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Told You

Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat. --Mark Twain

Tim Profitt -- the former Rand Paul volunteer who stomped on the head of a MoveOn activist -- told local CBS station WKYT that he wants an apology from the woman he stomped and that she started the whole thing.

"I don't think it's that big of a deal," Profitt said. "I would like for her to apologize to me to be honest with you."

"She's a professional at what she does," Profitt added, "and I think when all the facts come out, I think people will see that she was the one that initiated the whole thing."

  TPM

She's a professional at what she does? Making you look like a complete fucktard? You don't need a pro for that, slick. You's doin' just fine on your own. All what facts will come out? That she paid you $100 to throw her down and stomp on her head? Because unless she did exactly that, there's pretty much no way you come out of this NOT looking like a total douchecanoe.

  First Draft

Me, I’ve got nothing better to say. I’m sure there are tens of thousands out there who are cheering this fucknozzle on. These are the people I told you torture because they WANT to torture. I’ve lived amongst people like this all my life, and after nearly 60 years, I am not encouraged that it can ever be any different. And these are the ones who believe in God and think they’re going to be chosen to live with him in heaven. The rapture simply can’t come too soon in my opinion. These are the people who make me wish God really did exist and that he would come and take them back. Now.

UPDATE:

TPM commenter:

The message that has been drilled into the Tea Party supporters and others for more than a decade by right-wing radio and Fox News is that Democrats are anti--American, Marxists, and communists and are trying to destroy this country. Many Republican office holders and candidates - Palin, Angle, Bachmann and others - calling for 2nd amendment solutions have suggested violence to "take THEIR country back". Think about what Profitt has been hearing from fellow Tea Partiers in the last 24 hours that would prompt him to ask for an apology from the woman. That crowd was fully behind what happened to her and that Profitt's actions were totally justified. This is the new GOP.

Sadly, I concur. And I might add, not just drilled into them by media fascists, but personified and made publicly acceptable by George W. Bush, and codified by White House council and military/intelligence tactics law. I would lay odds that if another terrorist attack on American soil happens any time soon, there will be hyped-up goons in the streets attacking foreigners and liberal Americans alike. Wear protective clothing. They are rabid.

And this is precisely why this trend toward violence against people with opposing political views cannot be tolerated. And it must be stopped now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!