Monday, April 27, 2009

Diogenes Can Rest

A first-time candidate for office and a member of Vladimir Putin's ruling United Russia party, [Anton]Chumachenko won a seat on a local legislative council in St. Petersburg last month. Three weeks later, he publicly renounced his own victory, expressing disgust that votes had been falsified in his favor.

"I don't need this kind of victory!" the recent college graduate wrote in an open letter to residents. "I don't want to begin my political career with a cynical mockery of rights, laws and morality."

  Washington Post

He won't even have a political career after this, unless I miss my mark. If only.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!