Thursday, January 22, 2009

Geithner Says He Should Have Been More Careful

About paying his taxes. He even said he's sorry.

One would hope he thinks he should have been more careful. Especially for somebody we're supposed to believe is the right person to handle the entire U.S. treasury.

I'm not convinced. I'm not convinced he's the right person. And I'm not convinced it was a lack of being careful that caused him to avoid paying a lot of taxes.

He says he made "careless mistakes", "avoidable mistakes", but that they were unintended. While I don't for a minute believe that (check out the details for yourself), even if it were true, I don't want somebody making careless and avoidable mistakes with our treasury. We're in a deep enough hole as it is.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!