Saturday, August 30, 2008

There You Have It

Update Keep your eyes open for this kind of thing.

And this kind of thing.

And this is pretty much the summary that nails it.

-------------

McCain-Palin or Obama-Biden.

Or Osama BinLaden as the meme is out now - do you think Obama is trying to tell us something with his choice of last names in VP???

At any rate, I won't be watching the Republican Convention, because frankly, I cannot stand to look at or hear the voices of these crooks. And I admit that I haven't even heard Ms. Palin. The only reason I watched the Democrats was because at least with them there's a tiny shred of hope for this country's future. Not much, but a shred. With the GOP, there is nothing. Zilch. Nada. We just keep going down the drain. We already know what they'll be offering.

So, good luck to you all. And especially you, New Orleans.

I'll probably quit blogging, unless the Democrats take the WH, at which point I might actually start spreading the word on the weasely things they do. But if we get more Republicans, well....I'll just be fiddling, eating, drinking and being merry, because, you know.


....but hey, you do what you want....you will anyway.


Thanks for your support and comments these past few years. May you learn to make magic.


8 comments:

  1. Hey, so long; it was great reading your stuff.

    I'll keep an eye on the site to see if you come back. If not, well, best of luck to you.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much, mike. it's been great having you reading and commenting.

    i'm just really tired. i don't put much hope in this country getting its act together and doing the right thing. we really are two countries - or maybe three.

    of course, i don't put much hope in the human race either. or their gods.

    best of luck to you, too. and many blessings,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are many of us who will be watching and hoping for your return.

    rest up.

    labelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you my dear for your longsuffering patience and long-term support. and all your input.

    when the GOP retain the WH by hook or by crook in november, there won't be enough sand here on the gulf coast to bury my head deep enough.

    blessings,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. there aren't "many" of you. unless your idea of many is three. :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. three's enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I said I wasn't going to blog for a while, I was back blogging soon. Not until I just stopped blogging did I stop blogging.

    But, you know, do what you want!

    Oh, and thanks for Drew and Ryan and Colin and Wayne and the gang. One of my all-time favorite TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, bob, and we're sorry you stopped.

    we'll see. this business of sarah palin in the mix just makes it all the more clear that we truly are a jerry springer nation. the next thing to come i suppose is to have academics exiled. it's just sad and disgusting to listen to even npr any more. our national discourse has been lowered in my own lifetime to the level of "reality tv". not that it was ever free from corruption, but it does seem like the voters used to be smarter. and certainly the media journalists were. i just don't even want to listen to any of it any more.

    i may get to bury my head in the sand even deeper when ike strikes the island this weekend. certainly we'll lose electricity.

    good luck out there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!