Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Edouardo Non-Event for Galveston

I don't think Edouardo did much anywhere, but he landed at less than hurricane force and closer to Port Arthur than Galveston as had been predicted. I saw the half dozen remaining TV vans along the Sea Wall folding down their satellite dishes and packing up this morning at around 11:00*. Being on the "down" side, we didn't even get much wind. We did get rain, which we desperately needed, and I got six hours total off work. So, hey, it was all good by me. We didn't even lose power, although I did lose internet. But that happens if somebody next door sneezes.

Back to work.


*Update: actually, I don't know what they were doing, because they were still there when I went home at 5:00, and some were even still there this morning (Wednesday). Must be slow news week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!