Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Bow to Joe Biden

Correction attempt: I posted this one as Beau Biden preparing to go to Iraq this October, then changed it to having gone last year, and now I'm finding a link that looks like I was right the first time. At this point, I really don't know whether he has gone or is going, but I'm going to say this link indicates he's headed out soon: http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/21/1281051.aspx

Lest you think I have nothing good to say about Senator Biden (and there are several things, but this is, after all, a blog about the road to Hell) - his son is being (was?) deployed to Iraq. He's made a personal sacrifice for his vote (made even more poignant by the fact that the boy was nearly killed in an automobile accident in 1972 that claimed the life of Biden's wife and infant daughter). And you can't say that about the rest of Congress or the Bush Administration.


P.S. Maybe Senator Biden is the guy to talk to about Dragon Skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!