Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Other Job

Yes, I suppose if I had any readers, they're gone by now. I'm being worked nigh unto death here in my other life as an IT systems jack-of-all-trades. And just to give you an idea of the kinds of things that come under that category: The other day when I was dashing from one issue to another, one of the staff (been here for decades) stopped me and said she'd tried to print something, but the printer wasn't working. I told her to try the other printer she's connected to, and I'd get back to her as soon as I could. She then said, "Do you think it could be because it doesn't have any paper?" Ordinarily, that would be funny. But considering all the stuff I'm dealing with the last couple of months, it just made me want to sit down and cry. But I didn't have time.

There were a couple of comments on YWA that needed to be perused and published. I haven't checked in for a few days, so I don't know how long they've been there. Apologies to whoever made them. I do so like comments. But I am so brain addled at the moment that I didn't really read them. I just published them. Without checking to see what posts they were on. Further apologies.

Hope you are all doing better than I am. Maybe we'll get back together some time.


5 comments:

  1. No problem. I, at least, will keep on checking back.

    Hell, I even check on these guys now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mike! thanks for the support. where are you? geographically speaking.

    i had to laugh when i saw billmon's address. i used to check on him for the longest time...i finally quit. let me know if he ever takes up the typepad again. but then, i guess word would get around pretty quickly.

    busy, busy, busy is a new one to me. too late.

    best wishes,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few miles north of Oxford in England, village called Kidlington. Not far from Woodstock and Blenheim Palace (birthplace of Churchill), and notable as the environs of Inspector Morse. Oh, yeah, and that university.

    Billmon has apparently made an appearance on DailyKos here. Otherwise, his site is still dead. But hope springs eternal (well, usually).

    Anyway, I enjoy your stuff. Don't work too hard; in the long run, you'll be dead one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you ever find yourself in the galveston, texas, area (although why you would, i can't at this moment imagine), let me know.

    cheers
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you say, it seems terribly unlikely, but will do. And the same to you in reverse (or something like that).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!