Monday, July 21, 2008

Support Our Troops

The stories are not uncommon: soldier serving in Iraq comes home and falls apart. They don't get the help they need. That help could take lifetimes and tens of thousands of dollars. So I guess we just leave them to their tragedies. This weekend I asked my son if the Army had any counseling or classes to prepare them for tours of duty in Iraq, and he said, "Well, my sergeant said, 'Okay, you have 207 days until you're deployed to Baghdad. Get your mind ready."

I guess that's not enough for soldiers like Joseph Dwyer, who recently died at home in his own feces and urine. You probably remember him from this 2005 photo that the Army/US Government/Media used as PR for our "Mission" in Iraq.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!