Friday, May 23, 2008

Uh...Just What Are You Saying?

[Hillary] Clinton was responding to a question from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader editorial board about calls for her to drop out of the race.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. You know I just, I don't understand it," she said, dismissing the idea of dropping out.

  Yahoo

Interesting choice of references for campaigning through June. Is she not-so-subliminally suggesting something?


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


Update: She apologized, saying she didn't mean anything other than campaigns have historically gone into June, and that the Kennedys were just on her mind a lot lately (what with Ted's diagnosis). I saw a YouTube clip, and I think that's exactly what happened. But it was a bad slip.


Update 5/25/08: I take it back. It was no slip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!