Wednesday, December 08, 2010

What She Said

Obama held a press conference today, mostly to attack those who criticize his surrender on taxes.

[...]

“Now, I know there are some who would have preferred a protracted political fight, even if it had meant higher taxes for all Americans, even if it had meant an end to unemployment insurance for those who are desperately looking for work.” The assumption here is that he would have lost the fight. It’s pretty much always Obama’s working assumption that he will lose any fight. And then, funnily enough, he does.

“And I understand the desire for a fight. I’m sympathetic to that.” If by sympathetic, you mean condescending.

[...]

“I’m as opposed to the high-end tax cuts today as I’ve been for years. [...] In the long run, we simply can’t afford them. [...]“And when they expire in two years, I will fight to end them.”[...] THAT MUST HAVE THE REPUBLICANS TREMBLING.

[...]

“Now, I have an option, which is to say, you know what, I’m going to keep fighting a political fight, which I can’t win in the Senate”. Well, not with an attitude like that, mister.

[...]

“Now, I could have enjoyed the battle with Republicans over the next month or two, because as I said, the American people are on our side.” And yet, with an entire people, whose leader you are, behind you, you keep losing. Funny that.

  WIIIAI

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!