Friday, June 12, 2009

Sotomayor Nomination

I am quite confidant that after all the hoopla over Sonia Sotomayor's judicial qualifications - excuse me, her character - that she will be confirmed for the Supreme Court. The ridiculous GOP charges center on the fact that they see a female, and a Latina female at that, and freak out. That alone makes them afraid she's a LIBERAL!, but Jonathan Turley explores the accuracy of that assessment and finds it wanting.

It's similar to all the screeching they did about Barack Obama being the MOST LIBERAL! member of Congress, which was far, far from the truth. It sure sucked in all the Joe the Plumbers, though.

Speaking of Joe, Jean says that he's going to be speaking in Columbia, Missouri, tomorrow. Since I will be there, I will....no, no. I won't. Sorry. You'll have to get that news from somebody else. I will be visiting my newlywed son on leave from Iraq and other family. And even if that weren't happening, I would have to be doing something hateful to prefer to listen to Joe blow.


....but hey, if you want to, Joe's in Columbia, Missouri this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!