Friday, February 27, 2009

Not Surprising

President Barack Obama consigned the Iraq war to history Friday, declaring he will end combat operations within 18 months and open a new era of diplomacy in the Middle East. "Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end," Obama told Marines who are about to deploy by the thousands to the other war front, Afghanistan.

  Yahoo

Dude, I thought that happened a long time ago. Mission Accomplished, remember?

On the other hand, let me say this as plainly as I can: you could be eating these words, my son. August 31, 2010, is a long way off. (Which reminds me: that campaign winning talk about getting us out of Iraq was a little disingenuous, was it not? I mean, you did expect people to believe you meant immediately, didn’t you? And just shifting them to Afghanistan wasn't exactly what we were looking for, either.)


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!