Monday, March 24, 2008

What is Wrong with These People - Part II

Hillary pulled a Jessica Lynch.

Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign said she "misspoke" last week when she said she had landed under sniper fire during a trip she took as first lady to Bosnia in March 1996. The Obama campaign suggested it was a deliberate exaggeration on Clinton's part.

[...]

During a speech last Monday about Iraq, she said of the trip: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

According to an AP story at the time, Clinton was placed under no extraordinary risks on that trip. And one of her companions on it, comedian Sinbad, told The Washington Post he has no recollection either of the threat or reality of gunfire.

  Yahoo

Why? Why? What could possibly be gained by telling the lie? Misspoke. No, she flat out lied. Or else she has trouble sorting the imagined from the real. That’s not necessarily bad. It happens to a lot of us. I sometimes don’t know if I dreamed something or it happened. But then, I’m probably not a good candidate to be president, and that indeed might be part of the reason why not. I guess “misspoke” sounds better than either, “I lied about that,” or, “Gee, I don’t know whose memory I’m channeling, but I remembered sniper fire.”


....and hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!