Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And You Thought There Were Only Two

Well, you had every right to think that there are only two candidates running for president in the Democratic party race. No major news source ever mentions Mike Gravel any more. He's still running. But he's now switched parties.

Gravel, a former Democratic senator from Alaska, said in an e-mail that the Democratic Party "no longer represents my vision for our great country."

"It is a party that continues to sustain war, the military-industrial complex and imperialism — all of which I find anathema to my views," he said in the e-mail in which he also asked supporters for campaign donations.

[...]

"I look forward to advancing my presidential candidacy within the Libertarian Party, which is considerably closer to my values, my foreign policy views and my domestic views," he said.

  Raw Story

I suppose he'll be just as ignored as Ron Paul.

And Ralph Nader.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!