Friday, July 23, 2010

Winding Up Friday

I'm starting to feel a bit better - the vertigo is almost gone; at least the world doesn't spin away when I look both ways at an intersection - a big improvement for driving. The heat is still oppressive, but feeling better physically makes it slightly more bearable. We had our hurricane preparedness meeting today, and I'm waiting for my new badge that designates me "essential personnel" in case of island evacuation. I don't know whether that means I will have the option of staying when and if the mayor calls for a mandatory evacuation or whether it just means I will be allowed back on immediately after the hurricane passes. During Ike, of course, I stayed, mandatory evacuation be damned, but I didn't have an "essential personnel" badge. The authorities were none too happy at the outcome of that mandatory evacuation, and the last I heard, they made a new rule that allows them to levy a fine of $1,000 on anyone who doesn't leave in the event of a mandatory evac. That is not a fine I can afford, so I am happy to have a steenkeen badge.

Speaking of feeling better, I hope things are going better for Maru, as there is simply no replacement. No posts since May is not encouraging. Wishing Maru better days, whether the blog recovers or not.

My backspace key is crapping out, and that's really bad news, because my typing requires heavy use of it for correcting.

Have some fun out there this weekend. Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow doesn't look good.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

2 comments:

  1. glad you are feeling better. I think you should wear the 'essential personnel' badge EVERY day :) you are always essential.

    labelle

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!