Sunday, November 16, 2008

One of Those Presidencies

Bush said he plans to return to Texas after he leaves office January 20 and "may write a book" but otherwise has few plans. "No doubt I'm heading straight home. I miss Texas; I love Texas; I've got a lot of friends in Texas.

"I'll probably get back and take a deep breath," he said.

Bush said he has begun to think about an outline for the book.

"I want people to know what it was like to make some of the decisions I had to make," he said. "In other words, what was the moment like? And I've had one of those presidencies where I've had to make some tough calls, and I want people to know the truth about what it was like sitting in the Oval Office."

  CNN


Yes, George, you should probably take a deep breath.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


Update: On NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" this week, P.J. O'Rourke said the first line of the book will be: It were a dark and stormy night.


2 comments:

  1. People should be required to have read at least one book before being allowed to write one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, there WAS that "pet goat" picture book.....

    oh yeah, even that was upside down.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!