Friday, September 12, 2008

We Are All Texans Tonight

So says a Texan politician. I told a few people that I would blog along, but I have heard the City of Galveston has shut off electricity to certain areas, and we are certain to lose power, whether it's by the City or the hurricane, so I don't expect to get much blogging done in actuality. We put in provisions and we think we are safe on the third floor of a sturdy building. I hope to have some pictures to post when the water goes back down and I can get to my truck, which is on the third or fourth floor of a parking garage. I left my usb cord to my camera in it, and there's no getting it now. Those streets are flooded. Where we are is still dry. We will probably not try this again should the occasion arise, but it still remains to be seen how the whole thing turns out. We have food, lots of water, a dog, two cats and a lizard. And lots of books to read if the water stands for days.


P.S. We at least don't have to watch campaign crap. I will say, however, that I don't think this was the best decision I've ever made. So it will be kind of hard to make cracks at the stupidity of the politicians.


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!