Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blogging in the Dark Ages


Hello out there. I understand they’ve finally admitted to an economic crisis. I’m too busy to pay much attention – even if I could (still no power). The director let me borrow the AT&T wireless aircard this weekend (he got off easy – no damage, running water after 2 days, and power after five), I have 1/2 hour of battery (someone was using my laptop without the power cord - grrr!), and the aircard service is very slow and can’t handle multiple page downloads. After all the care I took to preserve the apartment, they made me move out anyway. Am living out of boxes in a house that’s being renovated and remodeled and is storing a family’s junk they’re preparing for a garage sale. Still, it’s do-able, and it’s dry. When I get power, I'm going to do a dance and pop a cork.

Perhaps I will create the journal of Ike for posting after the election in case McCain/Palin take the Dirty White House. The disaster that is Galveston will look small by comparison.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to see some pictures, there are some pretty good ones at galveston.com.

Cheers to all. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow the whole shebang could go up in smoke.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to stop believing you when you say you're going away.

    Anyhow, good to see you back, congratulations for surviving, and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mike, anybody who knows me stopped believing me when i say ANYthing a long time ago.

    thanks for the kind words and for checking in. i survived ok, but there are a number of other people around me who are on the verge of becoming victims of my increasingly short temper. we just do not need bureaucratic bullshit and incompetency at this time down here. we just do not.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!