Saturday, March 12, 2011

Now THAT's How You Do It, Folks

A website titled "Keep on eye on Marshall & Ilsley Bank" had been targeting the M & I Bank since last month. "After working families gave Marshall and Ilsley Bank (M&I) a $1.7 billion bailout in 2008," the site explains, "their executives did an about face and funded Governor Scott Walker's attack on our right to collectively bargain. In fact, their financial help combined was more than what the Koch Brothers contributed. And while Governor Walker was demanding austerity from working people, M&I CEO Mark Furlong got an $18 million golden parachute. Even after the bank was having diffulty paying back its TARP loan."

[...]

Members of the Wisconsin firefighter's union set out for a local branch of the M & I Bank on Thursday to withdraw their personal savings. [...] [M]embers of the union withdrew close to $200,000 from the bank."

  Raw Story

Madison, your firefighters are as awesome as your dedicated Capitol campers.

1 comment:

  1. Next trip to Madison I hope to find a firefighter to thank personally! Amazing.

    I hope supporters all over the country withdraw their savings and move their accounts from M&I.

    See you soon, M!
    LaBelle

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!