Monday, December 15, 2008

One Shoeless, One Clueless

Politically, of course, signing the SOFA was the Dubya’s way of stealing the thunder from Barack Obama’s presidency on the threat that Obama would be the one to take troops out of Iraq. But, there's plenty more Disgusting Dubya to go around in these last days. Take this interview with ABC News' Martha Raddatz post-shoe-assault:

Raddatz: It's also considered a huge insult in this world, the sole of a shoe, throwing a shoe.

Bush: I guess. Look they were humiliated. The press corps, the rest of the Iraqi press corps was humiliated. These guys were just besides themselves about, they felt like he had disgraced their entire press corps and I frankly, I didn't view it as, I thought it was interesting, I thought it was unusual to have a guy throw his show at you. But I'm not insulted. I don't hold it against the government. I don't think the Iraqi press corps as a whole is terrible. And so, the guy wanted to get on TV and he did. I don't know what his beef is. But whatever it is I'm sure somebody will hear it.

  ABC

He doesn’t know what the reporter’s “beef” is. I suppose it would be hard to hear what a man is saying while you’re dodging his shoes.

The rest of the Iraqi press corps was humiliated, but he wasn’t insulted. The man personally insulted him, and the rest of the Iraqi press corps had nothing to do with it. He’s totally missed the message, hasn’t he? As always.

Bush: Clearly, one of the most important parts of my job because of 9/11 was to defend the security of the American people. There have been no attacks since I have been president, since 9/11. One of the major theaters against al Qaeda turns out to have been Iraq. This is where al Qaeda said they were going to take their stand. This is where al Qaeda was hoping to take ...

Raddatz: But not until after the U.S. invaded.

Bush: Yeah, that's right. So what? The point is that al Qaeda said they're going to take a stand.

So what.

Just another reminder of how wonderful it is that this man is being removed from office, even if it is way overdue.

Oh, and he also doesn’t “remember” General Shinsheki telling him we would be needing a lot more troops on the ground for a long time. I suppose he didn’t know what the general’s “beef” was.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!