Friday, March 30, 2007

Oh, Lord

Well, I was going to comment on the chocolate Jesus, but Maru did it better. So, I'll just limit my remarks to this quote:
“This is one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever,” said Bill Donohue, head of the watchdog Catholic League.

No. I take it back. You can probably just imagine for yourself what my remarks might be about "Christian sensibilities."

I will, as a bonus, tell you that once upon a time when I worked for a law firm in San Francisco, one of the attorneys came out of his office, stood behind me at my desk and announced to everyone, "I just got off the phone with a woman from Georgia. Southern accents offend my sensibilities."

Right. Obviously he had none.

And speaking of other websites, Project for the OLD American Century always has lots of good information, and its headlines are nicely organized. Check it out. Also, visit the websites linked in YWA's sidebar. Good stuff all.

And speaking of Jesus - or, more accurately, JEEEEEEEZUS...

It has all the ingredients of a wedding. The proud tuxedo-clad father, the frosted white cake, the limousines and an exchange of vows.

But there is no groom and the girl in the long gown is no bride. She's daddy's little girl, there to take a vow of chastity.

In what is becoming a trend among conservative Christians in the United States, girls as young as nine are pledging to their fathers to remain virgins until they wed, in elaborate ceremonies dubbed "Purity Balls."

The gala affairs are intended to celebrate the father-daughter relationship.

  Raw Story article

uh-huh.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!